6/18/2016

Potato, Cauliflower and Camembert Gratin for Surf and/or Turf


 This week at IHCC (I Heart Cooking Clubs) it's a Surf and/or Turf theme, a recipe that features either surf (fish and seafood) and/or turf (meat, poultry, and vegetables) from our currently featured chef, Curtis Stone.  I had a nice looking cauliflower, and the potatoes, so this recipe in his book, What's for Dinner? was a natural, being from the turf side of the agenda.  I served the gratin with roast chicken rather than his suggested grilled pork chops.


Hopefully the photo is legible, perhaps if you click and enlarge?  I do love a cheesy gratin, and adding in the cauliflower and Camembert just knocked it up to a higher notch.  Perfectly delicious, and still good for left-overs the next day.  A great meal on its own with just a salad, so you don't really need any meat with this.


Be sure to check out what everyone's doing for their Surf and/or Turf over at IHCC.  I always get some great recipe ideas when I visit.

7 comments:

Zosia said...

That looks like the ultimate comfort food. I never think to use Camembert in a gratin but I can imagine how delicious it would be.

Diane Zwang said...

I agree with Zosia the ultimate comfort food. I love cauliflower and cheese so this looks wonderful. I will keep this in mind.

Joyce Rachel Lee said...

Cauliflower and Camembert sound like an awesome combo for a gratin!

flour.ish.en said...

Who can resist a cheesy gratin? The cauliflower and Camembert combination is not the usual fare. I can see how his raises the bar on gratin. Mouthwatering and beautiful dish!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I am such a Camembert fan--cauliflower and potatoes too of course. ;-) This looks amazing. I would happily make a dinner out of it--no extra turf or surf needed!

ostwestwind said...

This dish looks and sounds like comfort food to me.

Kim said...

Fantastic! I agree with you - cheesy potatoes for dinner! No need for anything else. This looks incredibly comforting and pleasing in every way.